Monday, October 3, 2011

Monthly Natter - October

As I write this I look outdoors enviously as its beautiful day and all inspired by our meeting yesterday I want to get out in garden.
With spring finally here hopefully you have made a start on the summer veges in a warm spot or are planning what to put in next month. Don't bother planting anything out directly in beds this early otherwise they will just struggle. You can put in some root veg, maybe try snow peas or some Asian greens. We have lots of chard seeds (silverbeet) if you're will to give them a go and they are easy to grow too.

Our meeting at Val & Richard's place was terrific, luckily the weather was great too. I will post some info on her garden with some pics soon.
I hope you all received both the address update and newsletter. Apologies to those that didn't, I was away on holidays, so please let me know and I'll forward immediately.

If you haven't RSVP to our Rushworth garden visit please do i need numbers ASAP.

Finally some wisdom from Jackie French " give your local school or preschool a strawberry plant for each kid so they can wait and watch and pick and wonder"



Bye for now Carley

No comments: